On the left side of the barracks, a powder magazine was established. A smaller magazine for infantry ammunition is in the right-hand end.
Continuing through the central corridor and past the loading workshop, one comes to the street of the low rampart. This is organised for riflemen and light artillery. These emplacements are divided in two by a crosspiece rooted in the barracks.
The armament is as follows:
In 1893, the armament consisted of:
On the cavalier
On the front line
On the flanks of the low rampart
Two twenty-ton bridge cranes were brought in from the Epinal head office to install the 75mm turret, the components of which arrived at Feignies station in May, three months behind the schedule drawn up in January 1914. At the end of July 1914, the turret was completed.
These works were the only modernisations made to the building before the start of the First World War.
beginning of the First World War.
At the liberation, in September 1944, the fort was the scene of sporadic fighting between Resistance fighters and German soldiers who were entrenched there.